a moment to untie the mask
I should be tired. But I'm not. Last Friday, my mom recieved a call from one of my aunts with the news that my grand-uncle had passed away. I was playing the piano till the call came. And all I remember feeling is like I did the last time. Detachment. I don't believe it. This life is not my own.
Reality hit me that night when we went to his home and the first sight that greeted me was the scene of a chinese memorial service. The sound of Taoist ritual music. Then there were all these relatives I'd hardly seen all these years. I just found it sad that it takes a funeral to bring everyone together.
To say that I wasn't and am not sad about this would be a lie. Yet, my lack of tears shed made me question my self.
I don't think I'll continue. But don't worry, guys, life is still normal on this end.
-Forgetting isn't removing a memory, it's just what we don't think about or dwell upon- just a thought.
Sunday, May 08, 2005
Posted by
vic
at
9:25 PM


|